UnCook s.r.o., with its registered office at Sokolovská 428/130, 186 00 Praha 8, Company registration number: 09957138
, incorporated in the Companies Register kept by the Municipal Court (hereinafter also "We"
), as your personal data administrator informs you as a user of the www.fres.delivery
and FREŠ mobile app ("app"
) on below described personal data collection and GDPR.
Further in the text you will in particular learn:
- What your personal details we will process;
- For what purposes and in what methods we will process your personal data;
- Whom can be your personal data submitted to;
- For how long we will process your personal data and
- What are your rights in relation to your personal data protection.
Should you need to explain, advise or discuss any further processing of your personal data in any part of the text, you can contact us any time via email@example.com.
I. Scope of personal data processing 1.1.
When you contact us through the app, you may be asked to fill in certain information about yourself or your company. These details may in particular include: Your name and surname, address, trade name, registered office, Company registration number and VAT ID, phone number and e-mail address. We use details, you have provided us, to contact you back and provide you with the information you have requested from us. 1.2.
When you buy goods on our app, we will need your personal data to conclude and fulfil the Agreement. These personal data include: Your name and surname, delivery address, phone number, e-mail address. Personal data are processed for the purpose of the agreement performance.
If you place an order with us, we will save the data you have entered (especially your name and surname, delivery address, phone number, e-mail address) for use in the next purchase, so that you do not have to enter it again. At the same time, we will save the products you have purchased in the "Order History" list, thanks to which you will find these products faster from one place on the web or in the mobile application the next time you make a purchase.
If you use a customer account set up by us, we will also process the personal data you provide to us through your account, including the history of your orders with us, in order to manage the customer account, create a list of favorites for further orders and for the purpose of sending offers for our goods. If you purchase our goods from us, we can also use your name, surname, e-mail address and telephone number to send you business communications
, i.e. to inform you about the goods or services we provide and which would, in our opinion, they could be of interest according to the category of goods you bought from us. You can unsubscribe from the delivery of commercial communications at any time using the link in e-mails or sending message to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you fill in the satisfaction questionnaire after your purchase, we will assign it to the data of your order and we will process the data provided by you in the questionnaire in order to increase the quality of our services. Filling in the questionnaire is voluntary.
The provision of personal data for the purposes of performance of the Agreement and the provision of personal data for the purpose of answering your questions or the information you request are our contractual requirements, and their non-provision may be the result of non-conclusion of the agreement or failure to answer your questions. 1.3.
If you give us your consent to do so on the website www.fres.delivery
, we will also process your personal data provided by you, including your purchase history for the following purposes:
- performing marketing analyses and statistics, including profiling;
- sending business communications regarding the goods and services of the administrator and the goods and services of his partners to your e-mail, taking into account your orders, preferences, or otherwise adjusted for the purpose of the selection of the goods and services that best suit your needs;
- use of personal data that will be passed to via Facebook, if you log in through this social network, to the extent according to your settings, for the above purposes.
Giving this consent is voluntary and you are not bound to give this consent by any legal regulation. You can withdraw your consent at any time, without prejudice to the lawfulness of the personal data processing before its withdrawal. 1.4.
All personal data are processed in a lawful and transparent manner and only adequate, relevant and necessary data in relation to the purpose of processing are required.
II. Who has access to your personal data
We will process your personal data as a data administrator. We may pass on your personal data to our subcontractors for the above purposes so that they can process them for us. Personal data may be delivered to: the external accounting company, the external solicitor´s office; processors who provide us with server, website, cloud or IT services, or who are our business partners.
Your personal data are also accessible to third parties with whom we cooperate:
- Twillio (https://www.twilio.com/), SMS delivery: phone number, first name, last name;
- SendGrid (https://sendgrid.com/), email delivery: email, first name, last name.
III. Personal data processing period 3.1.
We will process your personal data for a period, during which we will provide you with our services or fulfill a mutual agreement, or for the time necessary to fulfill archiving obligations pursuant to the applicable legislation, such as the Accounting Act, the Archives and Records Act or the VAT Act. 3.2.
After fulfilling the agreement (payment of the price and delivery of the goods), we further process your personal data due to our legitimate interests, which is the protection of our claims, for the necessary period, but no longer than 12 years. 3.3.
We will process personal data related to your customer account, including the data contained therein, for the purpose of managing the customer account and for the purpose of sending offers of our goods until you cancel it. Nevertheless, in the event you set up a customer account (or log in to it via Facebook) and do not make any purchases with us, we will process the data for a period of 5 months from its setting up. We keep details on your purchases in your customer account for a period of 4 years and after this period we delete them, except when: you have made an order with us during the last 6 months; or you have logged in to your customer account during the last 12 months; or you have given us your consent pursuant to the point 1.3. 3.4.
We will process personal data that we process on a basis of your consent according to point 1.3. until you revoke your consent. To revoke your consent just send e-mail with the respective application to email@example.com. 3.5. In addition, you may refuse the processing of your personal data for the purpose of sending business communications at any time and this will not affect our other mutual relations. Just refuse to send further messages by clicking on the link located in the sent business message, or you can send us an e-mail with the relevant request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IV. Your rights under the personal data processing
You have the following rights in relation to the processing of your personal data carried out by us: right to the personal data access; right to correction; right to be deleted ("forgotten"); right to the limitation of data processing; right to raise an objection against the processing; and right to file a complaint for personal data processing. Your rights are explained below so that you can get a clearer idea of their content. You can apply all your rights by contacting us at email@example.com.
You can file your complaint at the supervisory body, which is the Office for personal data protection (www.uoou.cz
These GDPR are valid from 10 January 2021.
- The right for access means that any time you can request our confirmation as to whether the personal data related to you are processed or not and, if so, for what purposes, to what extent, to whom they are made available, how long we will process them, whether you have the right to correct, delete, limit the processing or raise an objection, from where we obtained your personal data and whether an automatic decision-making based on the processing of your personal data, including possible profiling is going on. You also have the right to obtain a copy of your personal data, whereas the first provision is free of charge, and for any next provisions we may require a reasonable payment of administrative costs.
- The right for correction means that you can ask us at any time to correct or supplement your personal data if they are inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right for deletion means that we have to delete your personal data if (i) they are no longer needed for the purposes, for which they were collected or otherwise processed, (ii) the processing is illegal, (iii) you raise objections to the processing and there are no major legitimate reasons for processing, or (iv) this is a legal obligation.
- The right for processing limitation means that until we settle any disputes regarding the processing of your personal data, we must limit any processing of your personal data so that we can only store them and, if necessary, use them to determine, enforce or defend legal claims.
- The right for objection means that you can object to the processing of your personal data, which we have been processing for direct marketing purposes or for a legitimate interest reason. In an event you raise an objection to processing for direct marketing purposes, your personal data will no longer be processed for these purposes.